Monday 11 March 2013

Indian Beauty Secrets Tips


Photo: Sexy Tammu


#vishnu

Indian Beauty Secrets Tips



1. Coconut oil for hair and skin

This is perhaps the most well known and the most used beauty secret ever! Coconut oil is an excellent conditioner that will keep your locks luxurious and thick. It also has a fantastic cooling effect on your scalp. I have written a separate hub about it - which you can check out by clicking on this link.

Coconut oil also works as a wonderful moisturizer for skin. Women in my family have used it forever for their skin. My mother who is almost fifty years old once had to show her ID someone so that they would believe that she is actually not thirty.

2. Diyahawariya plant for hair

This is a plant that is commonly found in South Asia. The scientific name is Blyxa aubertii. It resembles long hair strands and women use these plant extracts as shampoo. My mom just chimed in and told me that it definitely does make your hair grow like magic!

3. Lemon Juice for the scalp/hair and skin

This is a trick that is used to banish dandruff. Dandruff causes hair loss and some skin issues too! Applying lemon juice on your scalp banishes dandruff and keeps your hair healthy. You can also get great highlights by sitting under the sun for an hour or so after applying lemon juice on your skin.

I personally am aware of the wonders that lemon juice will do for your skin. When I was a teenager, I had a few acne scares on my forehead. My mother recommended rubbing lemon juice on my face. A few days and the scars were almost invisible. I remember going to school and my friends complimented me on my glowing skin. Ever since then, I have become a big believer in lemon juice in facials.

Photo: Awsme Tammu
Pls like ::::::::

#vishnu4. Turmeric for skin

This is a favorite among South Asian bride-to-be-s. Turmeric is not only for curries! They take some Turmeric powder, mix it water, or milk/yoghurt, apply it on their skin daily for a week or so before their weddings. This gives them the beautiful glow that many brides hope for on their wedding day.

5. Saffron and Milk facial

Saffron plant extract is another spice that has made it out of the kitchen to facial kits of women. This is the most expensive spice in the world, and perhaps with good reason. When this facial is appeared on your face for 20 minutes daily, you will be rewarded with clear and flawless skin.

6. Sandalwood for face

Sandalwood is so expensive, especially because of its gorgeous scent and its widely known beauty benefits. If you have a sandalwood tree in your backyard, you will considered to be extremely lucky. Women apply Sandalwood powder mixed with some type of essential oil on their skin to battle rashes, acne and scars. Due to Sandalwood's antimicrobial activity, it is used to clear skin from blackheads and spots. IT IS NECESSARY to have a carrier oil mixed in, or else the strength of Sandalwood will have some adverse reactions.


6. King Coconut Juice and Water Melon Juice for skin

Mom says "Do not forget King Coconut Juice!!" She is right - King Coconut juice is awesome. Drink it and you will notice beautiful skin and a radiant glow. Same goes to Water Melon juice. Water Melon juice can also be topically applied for fantastic results.

7. Amla oil

Another beauty secret that I swear by! It will give you fantastic, thick lush and flowing hair.