Tuesday 2 September 2014

Give Me Red

IMG_2685


Last year when I was packing for a holiday in India, I took out all clothes from my wardrobe to choose which ones I would take with me. To my horror, I realized that my wardrobe was full of black , grey and white shades! That’s when I made a conscious decision to pick up some colour the next time I shop.

My mum’s favorite colour is red. She has 100s of red sarees. But I never liked red. To me it’s a very strong colour and you need to be confident with your fashion choice to be able to carry it off smartly. Due to the lack of colour in my wardrobe, I decided to experiment with red and make it my wardrobe staple. The next time I shopped, I picked up this nice red lace outfit and was really glad I did. This is how I styled the outfit for a bright day out with the family .
Creating the look

Red is a very bold colour so keep the accessories to a minimum. Since I am a very hands-on new mum who has to constantly run around a 2-year old, wearing heals is definitely a no-no for. I paired the dress with a beige flats, coordinated with the brown belt.
Hair & Makeup

Since you cannot do much with accessories, you can play with your hair. I wanted to do something different this time so I tried my hands on doing a side braid for the first time. When your hair is a bit messy and you don’t know what to do with it, then braids are a perfect solution. Red lipstick works really well with a red outfit. Use scarlet red on lips and black eyeliner to outline the eyelid. The final look is out here – try it to add some colour to your wardrobe. IMG_2683IMG_2686