Friday 27 September 2013

9 Ways to Wear Patterned Jeans


9 Ways to Wear Patterned Jeans


I think that most of you who come here to read this blog are interested in practical fashion. Because I’m gonna be honest, if you’re interested in some high-end runway looks, you will probably be disappointed. Maybe how to translate runway looks into the everyday, but also on an everyday budget.
I am a mom of two boys. I love them like crazy, but those kids are nuts. So much energy it’s unbelievable. I am trying to find a balance that is cute but not wearing my yoga pants every day, knowwhatimsayin? Well, I’ve got a solution. Not an end-all answer, but it helps.
Patterned Jeans!
I’m in love. Well, I was in love last year when I bought my pair of funky pants in Amsterdam, but the plethora of options available just makes me fall head over heels.
So today I have three pairs of patterned jeans and I am rockin’ them 9 different ways. Yes nine!
patterned jeans
Let’s start with the black and white ones, shall we? Can I just say, they are so stinkin’ cute. And they’re actually my mother’s. Ugh. I tried to steal them from her before I left for France, but she played a guilt card on me. “I don’t have very many cute clothes, you can’t take them! I have to try to look cute too!”
white and black patterned jeans
Jeans// Black & White Top: Kris& Kate sold out but herehere and here are cute alternatives // Coral Top // Green Lace top: bought in France but here and here are cute ones
You can go easy & stay black and white, which is very cute & sophisticated. Add a bright top and it’s fun with a pop of color. Or you can keep it casual with a not matching but muted (not clashing) top. The black and white top and the bow top are from an online store called Kris&Kate. I get so many cute things from there, I love it! Use the code Nouvelle5 for 5% off.
Next I have these light grey floral pants. They’re great because they’re not so in-your-face, you can mix them up a bit. Although I realize that I didn’t really do that here.
grey patterned jeans
Jeans // Chambray or a less expensive version // Booties: Similar similar
I went monochrome in the first outfit. Sometimes it’s fun to just be matchy-matchy. Then I paired it with a chambray shirt because, well, what can’t be paired with a chambray? I absolutely love this one I bought in Sweden a couple years ago (here’s a cute one!). Lastly I went winter-ish. And only ‘ish’ because while doing this it was still a bit hot outside. This definitely could be paired with some long sleeves.
Lastly I have my funky pants. Like I mentioned, I bought these on a trip to Amsterdam last year & they were such a great purchase! They are fun & versatile & definitely dress up an outfit without having to do much! I threw in a bonus outfit down there too. :)
funky pants four ways
I started with a solid color. You could of course be brave & mix patterns, but this is good to vamp it up without too much going on.
The second look is probably one of my favorites. These gold shoes I wore to a wedding last year, they must make me somewhere around 6’6″. Yes, I am that tall. Well, I start at 6′ and when I put on these babies (and the red ones) they add quite a bit! But with a 6’7″ husband who happens to like it, I just rock ‘em, baby! The top is a favorite too. It’s also from Kris&Kate but sold out.
The next look is comfy casual. This is for all the soccer moms out there. Everything else is toned down and by just wearing the patterned jeans you’ve dressed up the whole look. Definitely a go-to!
Adding red is such a fun way to vamp up any outfit! With this hot red StitchFix top and shoes, throw on some red lipstick and you’re ready to go! Hot date night or girls night, bring it on!