Friday 27 September 2013

Floral Style


Floral Style

AUGUST 20, 2013 BY  



I bought this dress a couple month ago. It was one of those impulse purchases. Right place, right time, right price. I truly had no idea if I could really pull of floral, let alone red floral, but it was love at first site of those amazing blue and white stripes. I just loved how the dress was light, airy, summer and had a pattern mix all in one. I’m so pattern mixing challenged, I felt like this dress did all the hard work for me.
Fast forward a couple of months and I still have only warn it a handful of time. Partially because I was hiding my legs under maxi dresses, but with all the working out I’ve been doing, I decided it was time to show them off a little before the weather starts to cool off. I feel like I’ve completely fallen in love with this dress all over again!! Don’t you just love it when that happens?! I sure do! It will probably happen again when fall comes and I get to play around with pairing it with boots.
I decided to share 3 ways you can take a fun dress in  your closet and change the way it looks with just the change of a belt or a necklace, or even adding a jacket. In my opinion that’s how you make one dress work 3 ways!

First Look: Add a Belt

Do you have a skinny belt or even a wide belt in your drawer? I bet you do! If you don’t, Target has a bunch of cute ones. Add a belt to give your dress a fun high-waisted look. It also helps to accentuate a smaller waist and who doesn’t love that?! Here I added the belt with a gold watch to pull out the tan/gold color in the dress added my favorite pair of nude heels and I was ready to go!

Look Two: Add a Statement Necklace

I just love this Stitch Fix necklace! From the moment it arrived, I knew I had to keep it in my wardrobe. I feel like the white goes with everything, but I just love the different size teardrops that make this statement piece so amazing. The necklace, itself, is gold, so I was able to make it work with my watch. See how going from the belt to the necklace changes the look, but still keeps it feeling fun and flirty.

 Look Three: Add a Jacket

For this look I added a dark denim jacket, but you could add any jacket or cardigan that works with your dress to jazz it up a bit. I wore this outfit to church yesterday and received a bunch of complements. I feel like it really adds to the overall look and makes it ready for a summer date night or girls night out.
| Dress + Belt – Anthropologie // Necklace - Stitch Fix // Gold Watch – Nixon // Nude Heels – Nordstrom