Friday 27 September 2013

Style: One Dress, Three Ways


I will always be the first to tell you that I’m by far not a fashion blogger. With that said, I do believe there’s a whole group of us who struggle with finding our style, or are mommies who are rediscovering style after maternity clothes. I’m not saying maternity clothes aren’t stylish, but if you’re anything like me, paying $200 for a pair of maternity pants I will wear for less than 9 months of the pregnancy just wasn’t in the cards. Now, here I am 3 1/2 years after having my son, re-learning what clothes look work well for my body shape. I also started a fitness journey 4 months ago and that’s given me some added confidence to share how I’m styling what’s in my wardrobe.



I guess what I’m trying to say is that, trust me when I say we all have style, we just have to find it. Be patient with yourself along the way, there’s a lot of trial and error involved. One of the ways I’ve found some great pieces in my wardrobe is by using Stitch Fix. They are a virtual stylist agency that delivers straight to your door so you can try clothes on in front of your own mirror and pair them with pieces you already own. Double bonus if you ask me! I’ve been using Stitch Fix for the last 6 months and to show you how great they are, I’m pairing this new dress I just got in my last Fix with pieces I already own.

I love this dress because it’s a light weight cotton, it accentuates my smaller waist and it’s easy for me to wear and still be a Mom.

Look 1: Light Summer Sweater

| Dress – Stitch Fix // Sweater – GAP // Chevron Necklace – Lisa Leonard |

Look 2: Business Casual

| Dress- Stitch Fix // Chambray Blazer – Nordstrom |

Look 3: Summer fun

| Tote Bag c/o Gussy Sews // Wedges – Charles David |
See how you can take one staple piece + make 3 different outfits?! This makes me feel like I’m getting my monies worth out of new pieces I purchase. This Gussy tote is one of my new absolute favorites. It allows me to carry all my “mama gear” and still look cute and fashionable. I hope this will inspire you to take a look at some pieces you own and see how you can mix and match them. Be sure to check outStitch Fix too!